EFFECTIVE DATE: September 1, 2021
Demonstrate willingness to learn and work as a team member, knowledge of:
• Fire prevention, combating and extinguishing fires with the goal of protecting lives, the environment and property
• Operating tools and equipment used for firefighting safely and effectively
• Providing appropriate medical care within their scope of knowledge in emergency situations
• Analyzing hazardous situations and thinking of quick solutions and actions
• Teaching and participating in training classes and drills
• Performing general maintenance on firefighting equipment and apparatus
• Maintaining a clean environment in the department facilities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
• Must clear background check
• Valid Colorado Driver License
• Firefighter 1, Haz-Mat Ops, S130/190, and EMT B preferred.
• Able to pass drug screening, doctors physical and department physical test.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: September 15, 2021 5:00 PM MST
Chief Smith, email@example.com
PO Box 380
Como, CO 80432
Jefferson-Como Fire Protection District is a combination agency consisting of career, part-time and volunteer personnel. Our services simply could not be provided without our volunteer members. Volunteering is an exciting and rewarding option to give back to your community, meet new friends, gain incredible skills and experiences.
No experience is necessary, we provide you with access to training to become a certified emergency responder. We provide training in structural fire, wildland fire, emergency medical response, hazardous materials, and technical rescue. We provide all the necessary equipment and tools. Flexibility is a hallmark of Jefferson-Como Fire. Whether you’re looking to turn firefighting into a career, are just looking to help out your neighbors, or anything in between, we have volunteer programs built for you. We understand that everyone has commitments outside of fire and we’re proud to go to great lengths to accommodate.
Interested in applying? Stop by Station #5 and inquire within, call us at 719-836-2082 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org